The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

several small questions, transmission mostly

Epifool

Ok, the first is just a small thing- i have a bit of a "dead spot" in the gas pedal, where it seems like when i first push the accelerator pedal, the chokes maybe close off the airway before opening- anyone know how to adjust/fix? Most importantly,
I finally got the car all together, and started, after dark last nite. I cant seem to find reverse or 5thto gear- is this most likely because i have yet to adjust the cables, or is my reverse sender probably too tight? Lookin for a little brain-nectar from the vr4 gods on this, please let it rain down, cuz i need to feel the spool, and soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

prove_it

Did the car sit for any time longer than a week?

Several small answers:

Check your plugs, and fuel filter. Sounds like it's hesitation. Maintence:plugs, wires, fuel filter(stockish cars), tune(built cars) is the usual issue.

As for the trans, adjust your cables properly first. You cannot install the reverse light switch too tight and cause it to not shift, unless maybe to tighten it to 200ft/lbs.

Start there. Also a boost leak test is never a bad idea. Keep it simple to start.

Last edited:

Epifool

Sat for 3 mos. Swapped plugs, shes a lil better now. Thanks, for the time i'll save by fixin the cables.

prove_it

3 months and the fuel could be breaking down. A fresh tank could help there.

Epifool

I dont know about the fuel, it seems to be ok so far. Any idea, other than the reverse sender and cable adjustments, what could be causing my car to not go in 5th or reverse? Could it be having the wr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifong slave cyl. or being low on trans fluid?

Epifool

Oh, how i wish i had a masters in gvr4 tech!! Im dying here. Just want my car back!!

Epifool

Oh holy poo! I had the wrong cable bracket on the trans!! The po had a dsm trans, and i got a gvr4 trans, but forgot to swap out the bracket with the trans!! Problem resolved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

theevozero

As long as its a 91+ 1g shift tree, it should work....the 90 holds the cables at a different angle. I was gonna add, if you had the reverse sensor out(and you discussed it), make sure the washer didn't fall off the sensor prior to reinstallation. It could cause the shift rail to bind.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts