The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a sign of a bad TOB?

4G63_GSR

I've recently developed a problem when I press down on my clutch. It's a high pitch noise as you can hear from the video I attached. I suspected a bad TOB but for the most part I read and found a bad TOB only happens when not engaging the clutch.

The car shifts great with no issues.

I have a ACT 2600, stock resurfaced flywheel, OEM clutch fork, and TOB. I have roughly 300 miles on this setup.

click

prove_it

Did you add trans fluid?

4G63_GSR

Yes I did. All fluids were added when everything went back in.

prove_it

Did it do it before any repairs?

G

Staff member

Dan D

Last trans rebuild I had an infant mortality of the input shaft bearing. Sounded similar. Only did it when the clutch was in. It then started leaking fluid out into the bell housing. That tipped me off that it was an internal problem.

You might pull up your shift fork boot and look around. Then pull the bottom inspection cover off and see if anything is wet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned