The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wilwood 6 piston BBK or Stoptech?

89Patches

Hey guys Just wondering if anyone here is running the Wilwood 6 piston calipers 2 piece rotor kit? I have Stoptechs already but are now in need of an overhaul, And it's cheaper for me to buy the wilwoods then redo the stoptechs.

Just want your guys opinions on them if they would be a upgrade or not as I guess they are a cheaper kit. And most importantly the quality of the wilwood kit and performance.

Thanks,

992gnt

I had a Wilwood 4 piston kit on my 2g Eclipse. They worked great as you'd expect, but the kit I had did not come with dust boots around the pistons (they tend to melt on the track), and therefore they weren't a great choice for street use - dirt gets in there and can bind up/score the pistons or bore, and the o-rings are susceptible to leaks once that happens. All that said, that was a decade ago, and perhaps they have a more street-able kit available now.

slugsgomoo

I have a buddy with the 6 piston wilwood front (BSL6) and the 4 piston rear on his galant. He's not on here yet so he probably won't comment directly but I know he's quite happy with them.

Coming from the brembo setup on an EvoX, he was pretty unhappy with the stock gvr4 brakes, and is quite satisfied now. He did the TCE kit front & rear, and then a friend fabbed up a bracket so he could add a handbrake caliper as well. It's pretty slick.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned