The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Broken mustache brace bolt... Bolt removed...never guess how

SleepinGVR4

Broke whatever holds the mustache brace bolt in the unibody. Body just turns and I can't get the nut off now. And even if I do I have no idea how to secure the bolt so I can screw the nut back on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Pb blaster, a good prybar on top of the mustache brace, and an impact gun. This should get it apart and then go from there to see what needs to be done to fix the problem. We've dealt with similar problems on customer cars before. Good luck.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That stud will need to be welded back on, or replaced with something else.

MellowVR4

Thats happend to me before, yup found it underneath the trunk carpet. go to a bone yard or find one on craigslist off a donor car.

mitsuturbo

Weld it back together. Use air tools to get it off after soaking it in penetrating oil. Hydraulic fluid (brake fluid) also works VERY well at penetrating threads and loosening things up a bit.

donkeylips

yes, you were quite lucky.I've had trouble with the bolts hold those extra braces between the body and the subframe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned