The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sitting for 5 years now no fuel pressure after restart

1badgvr4

Finally started 1299 after it being down since 2008. Parked it with barley any fuel in it and pulled the pump out to use on another car. So no fuel, open lines. Got everything back together and can only get it to start with starting fluid. While running it wont take any throttle and will barely idle. While its running I can easily squeeze the fuel feed line. I'm assuming fuel dried up in the line and is causing the issue but i'm not sure so more opinions would be appreciated.

slugsgomoo

fuel pump is definitely turning on? do you have a logger or link where you can run the pump to prime it? if the car is off and you can you should see pressure at the regulator if the pump is actually working. I'd be surprised that the line would clog completely.

1badgvr4

Yea I can hear the pump running after it does for a sec. I also took the line back off the sending unit and I have alot of fuel there right as you turn it over. If I go to the feed line banjo bolt it will be dry until I crank it for awhile and then "gush" out not spray like I'm used too. No pressure on the regulator side. I have the wiring apart I think I'm gonna put a switch there temp to see if I can get it to build pressure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts