The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cold stumble/stutter off idle

tsitalon1

Hey guys,

I'm hoping you can help isolate a driveability issue for me.

For some time now, I've has this stumble right off idle as I'm just getting on the throttle. It only occurs while the motor is cold.

I've attached a log with two captured events.

This issue has persisted through tuning changes and different injectors.

MAF is a 399 model with honeycomb in place, and BOV is a stock crushed unit still configured to recirculate. I've checked for boost leaks up to 25psi and cannot find any. Throttle body has the FIAV block off but functional ISC. Trims are within 3% normally.

Log file:
Here

ktmrider

FWIW I can't view the log.

Should have something to do with Open Loop operation ( OL when cold, Closed Loop at operating temps ) and/or Cold Enrichment.

For the most part it's use of the O2 sensor, what are the O2 readings when cold? What is the ECU temp reading?

I had a similar issue with 86/2000, replacing the PCV ( OEM only, no Framinator crap ) and ensuring all manifold related seals were good solved it.

tsitalon1

Mike, are you using DSMlink to open the log? Let me know if you can't open it with DSMlink.

I ask because I know it was working on the dsmlink forums...I'll re-upload if neccessary.

ktmrider

No I don't have 'Link is the reason.

Screen cap the graph/chart for those of us non-linky folks.

ktmrider

Thanks! Some like me are still on Keydiver chips and pocket loggers.

TPS Throttle Position % is way high ( 22% ), should be 9-11 when the throttle is closed. First thing I'd adjust.

Last edited:

tsitalon1

I think you misunderstand...

It's at 22% because that's the point in which I stepped on the throttle. All those figures are at the exact point shown by the white vertical line.

prove_it

Whats your fuel ratio? I see no log of fuel ratio.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts