The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

is anyone nice with ecmlink v3?

Hi everyone here's the deal I have done a ton of work to #610/2000 and I'm a little intimidated by tuning. I am running 660 injectors 264 cams in a ported head full ets frontmount with 3inch gm maf evo 3 manifold and a 16g. Everything is hooked up n the car runs and drives pretty well, I'm nervous to lay into it n see what it really does. I've watched the tutorial videos n stuff I just am kind of overwhelmed and don't know where to start or even if my values are remotely correct. I think something is off, I'm seeing estimated AFR like 18:1 at times with a high 02s value and no knock. If someone knows what there doing and can help me get it dialed in or at least help me make sure all my base settings are correct I'd really appreciate it.

EfiniX

Do you have a wideband installed? Always question number one. Don't even attempt to tune without one.

I have the innovate lc1 I already tig'd the bung in the downpipe I just need a day off (going on 10 days strait now working) to wire it up and into the ecu I was thinking egrtemp input. Once its installed at what point do u start tweaking things? I was thinking airflow correction? How do I know where it should be opposed to where it is. Assuming I'm correct in watching maf hz, airflow per rev, maf raw, grams/second. Anything else i should look at?

EMX5636

The easiest way to get into DSMlink tuning is with the sliders for fuel and air after setting up your base settings. Have you read the DSMlink Wiki? There are a lot of tips there. I am using EGR temp for one inlet (either WB or MAP sensor, can't remember right now). I had to get the buffer circuit that they sell. It works well though, and is cheap.

EMX5636

+1 for Telecaster. I think that's what I did. Wideband in Front 02, MAP in EGR Temp.

I know a good tuner about 50 mins from Downingtown if you are looking for that route. Just PM me if you want his contact info.

Brunoboy

Just put the wideband in the o2 housing, wire the lc-1 to the o2 sensor wire at the ecu, simulate narrowband. After that is all done, you'll want to do a log as ecmlink says so that you can get a base line start. Remember to fill in the correct injector size and maf in the boxes. Upload your logs to ecmlinks website and ask questions.
-shane

Brunoboy

I bought my LC-1 used from a member here, ran well for me in that spit and I parted out to Tre3zy which is also using it in the same spot and hasn't given him problems....

strokin4dr

Using the egr temp input for an LC1 is fine, you do not need a buffer circuit. Other sensors will need one though. Log through there and you can keep your stock o2 sensor to help get things in line easier.

strokin4dr

I referred to the LC1 in particular. This comes from Tom Dorris that the LC1 is recommended to run on this input because of not needing the buffer and thus freeing up other inputs for other sensors.
Other sensors need a buffer though.

I got motivated and wired in the W.B., my harness did not have a pin for egr temp so I depinned the next plug over and took the ac compressor clutch output pin and soldered it to the wire coming from the WB and placed it in the egr temp location. I set my direct access thresholds high n did some closed loop crossing after using the Maf comp tool crushing around I'm staying pretty reasonable with combined ft +/-10% ish. I also figured out my waste gate is not functioning! I got a lil pedal happy and buried the needle on a 30psi gauge. It was scary fast and stayed plenty rich enough watching the WB. I don't imagine 30+ psi would last long on a stock bottom. Can I safely do mid 20's?

EMX5636

I use KP-Tuning. You can look him up on Facebook or here . His contact number is 267-278-5246. Tell him you're on the Galant board and Justin sent you. He rents time on a local AWD dyno in Lansdale, PA called PSI Proformance (also great guys) or can do road tuning.

Found my alt bearings making noise and ordered a new one today. I feel like this was hurting my idle stability, bogging the engine with the headlights/fan/ect... and maybe a stretch but a little phantom knock when tapping the gas in neutral.

Is anyone using ecmtuning boots control solenoid? Its the ingersol rand one. My question is when the port is open just blowing through the vacuum line should there be any resistance?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts