The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo Advice

acn

I have been looking for a good used 14b -- one with no cracks in the turbine housing -- but it seems like they are hard to come by. Everything here local that I have looked at has had cracks. I am rebuilding my engine, and at this point, everything will remain mostly stock. I was going to buy an EVO 16G but felt it would be a waste since there are no supporting mods (at the moment), however, it seems like that is the only choice I have. I would like a turbo with a quick spool, hence the search for the 14b. My main question is -- would it be a bad idea to run an EVO 16G with a mostly stock motor? (I am planning to buy a fuel system to match eventually, so it wouldn't always be matched with a stock motor.)

ktmrider

No issues running a 16g, EVO/small/big, just keep the boost levels down.

Worst case you have a turbo to grow your motor/wants down the road. Just don't forget what you listed above, Supporting Mods.

Wizardawd

rewire or upgrade the fuel pump and you should be just fine to run around 9psi.

Wiz

rdomeck

I have been running one with stock internals for about 10,000 miles. I have the supporting mods, but like it was said above, just keep the boost levels down for now and grow into it!

Brunoboy

What'd you pay for the Evo 16g ? That thing seemed to go up since the last time I've been in the game.

acn

Yeah, It was a lot -- I don't even want to say how much, but I like the fact that it bolts up directly. I remember buying a 16g for my eclipse a few years back and it being half as much as this one cost. Oh well.

Brunoboy

The reason I asked is because they've gone up since the tsunamis in Japan.

James

I got my used one for $350

raptorWagon

Evo3 16Gs cost so much since the Tsunami, Forced Performance pulled them off their website and no longer sell them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned