The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

radiator

JoshRizz

I talked to my parts guy a few weeks ago and he suggested I go Mishimoto aluminum radiator. Problem which may not even be a significant problem is that no website sells a radiator for a Galant. Can a 1g fit ok? I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum for questions but I do not use this forum all that much. My dad has a Talon and that is where most of the work on my car gets done, but he hasn't worked on a Galant until my car. Any help would be appreciated.

galant651

you can get some kinda cheap all aluminum radiators that will fit but personally i would go with a afco scirocco, if your wanting room and good cooling. it will tuck under your radiator support and make a lot of room, unless you have ac and still want it.

sandthng

A first generation Eclipes mishimoto will fit. The top brackets are a stretch but will line up. Since there is no filler neck in the radiator, you will have to switch the thermostat housing over from a 1st generation. And if you have an ETS intercooler with a top firing turbo you may have to clear the tubing a little bit.

MellowVR4

Quoting galant651:
you can get some kinda cheap all aluminum radiators that will fit but personally i would go with a afco scirocco, if your wanting room and good cooling. it will tuck under your radiator support and make a lot of room, unless you have ac and still want it.

^+1 On the AFCO scirocco, fit very well under the radiator support.

JoshRizz

Ended up ordering Mishimotot (1g) from Paul at JNZ, that guy is awesome and very helpful to me as I am still a noob.

GSX_TC

Quoting galant651:

^^
What he said.

EgonOlsen

Quoting sandthng:
A first generation Eclipes mishimoto will fit. The top brackets are a stretch but will line up. Since there is no filler neck in the radiator, you will have to switch the thermostat housing over from a 1st generation. And if you have an ETS intercooler with a top firing turbo you may have to clear the tubing a little bit.

I have this solution.
My car is right now at a friend to get my engine rebuilt(long story) he actually said it was a bad solution because the Radiator was to high up compared to the 1g filler neck, so it was hard to get all the air our properly. Wether this is a big problem or not idk.

I have a 1g koyo in mine I fab'd up lower spacers to raise it flush with Rad support and made new upper brackets out of s.s. and put the rad cap thermostat housing on it.

EgonOlsen

you dont have a problem getting the air out of the rad when it sits higher than the filler neck?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts