The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheel bearings / hubs

Spyder

I need to do the wheel bearings on my car. I have been looking for parts and fond this at rockauto. I assume it is the rear hub? web page

Can you get the front hub assembly with bearings anywhere?

pot

Staff member
I just did my passenger front wheel bearing using parts from Autozone. I paid about $75.00 total for the inner/outer seal and wheel bearing itself with a 1 year warranty. I didn't see the need for a new snap ring which is in the JNZ kit however in hindsight I wouldn't mind paying more for factory Mitsubishi parts.

I've never seen the hub assembly with bearing offered for the galant/1g unlike the 2g, which is a sealed unit.

slugsgomoo

some places will list a unit like that rock auto one for the rear, but it's the wrong part, just listed for AWD by systems that don't work right.

The kit to do the rears from JNZ is the cheapest around and has everything you need. I did mine in the 1g before I found their kit and ended up spending significantly more to get all the seals & bearings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts