The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intermediate shaft and cv axle Qs

lowcashleblanc

I have been stuck on this for a little while now, and I have not turn up any answers. I have been digging through threads and Google in my spare time for a few weeks now.

Is the intermediate shaft removable from the cv axle assembly? If not where on the webs can I purchase the CV axle replacement with the intermediate shaft included, Essentially OE? I have checked the parts stores for axles and it seems I can purchase only the cv axle. I assured them that there is a intermediate shaft that's needed as well, but no one could help with answers. I will rebuild the axles with new boots if need be or resort to a dealership. However, I would like to avoid the previous 2 options, boots are messy, no clue about mileage on them, and dealerships are over priced.

If I go boots, I already have the part numbers. Found here click. If I go dealership, does anybody have P/N(s) for cv axle assemblies?

thanks in advance,

Logan

Last edited:

lowcashleblanc

Just found my first questions answer, the inter mediate shaft is removable from the cv axle. I saw the picture G has in his FS add. click

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I would buy that one. Parts stores are going to have a $60 core on top of the purchase price and that one was rebuilt a few weeks ago with zero miles on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned