The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Threebond adhesives/ sealants

G

Staff member
Threebond / toyota adhesives. I believe they also make adhesives for honda (hondabond) and yamaha (yamabond). >> click

mtu6.jpg

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

We use Yamabond on all of the race engines we build. No leaks 100% of the time.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Mitsubishi also uses Three Bond stuff.

G

Staff member
Internets.

Spyder

secondly, is there a specific number that I should use for general assembly of my 4G? Water pump, oil pan etc?

G

Staff member
You need the oil and the coolant ones.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
The threebond part numbers are in the chart, use those or use the toyota part numbers. I like the arp thread sealer.

Last edited:

Spyder

I have been looking for the TB 1282b and can't find it anywhere. It isn't even listed on their site. Is there a newer number? Or can I actually get it from a toyota dealership?

G

Staff member
Yeah you can buy from toyota with the yota #. click

G

Staff member
Yeah but you don't know which one that is.

curtis

Stop by Honda and pick up a tube of the grey Hondabond. Love the stuff but is hell to get back apart. As in takes 3 guys and pry bars to break something back apart.

Also loctite has some Anaerobic sealant that fills, stays like a gel for years and is like high tack in a tube.

Last edited:

curtis

Man Honda bond works on everything. Friend used the stuff on the blower to manifold on a lightning... took two huge pry bars and two people to break it loose. Also used it to seal the rear cover on a IRS cobra that nothing else would seal, it did and when I put the true trac in the rear I played hell braking the stuff loose since he brought me the chunk . Oil, gear oil, anti freeze nothing matters it seals it. I've been wanting to see if gas will eat it as an experiment but hate wasting the stuff just to see if it will last like army proseal. I doubt it will work or work against exhaust heat but stuff is bad ass for sure.

ktmrider

Quoting curtis:
I've been wanting to see if gas will eat it as an experiment but hate wasting the stuff just to see if it will last like army proseal. I doubt it will work or work against exhaust heat but stuff is bad ass for sure.

Can tell you this C, we use the stuff to seal crankcase halves on 2-stroke engine cases. Never seen one leak when applied properly, so since the crankcase is the "holding area" for gas/oil mixture ( the reason for oil in 2-strokes is to lube the crank bearings ) I's say it holds up well to petrol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned