The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

unused fused locations for auxilary uses

ade

I am trying to locate the out lines to the unused fused lines in our under-dash fuse panel, NO 10 & 18, me thinks. i plan on wiring in gauge lights and an lc-1 to one or both of these locations.

i took the fuse box apart thinking i could solder in a line or throw in a spade but holy crap, that's something i would rather not mess with.

on top of it the damn things layered

i have an electrical manual for the car but im not used to reading the diagrams, so it slow progress.
now i know i can tap off the cig lighter but im quite set on doing it this way. i started cleaning up my electrical after loosing an ecu and this is where i ended up. now i must go bury my nose in electrical diagrams. ill check back with or for new in a few mins.

ade

nev mind i did a continuity test and found both in and outs, ill post up my finds once its all bottomed up

tektic

I just ran the lc-1 power wire to the switched side of the cigaret lighter fuse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
that's in the eclipse, temporary or what ever. diagrams arent that hard i can help you figure them out. Your better off with the volt meter.

You replace your ecu?

I just got a new wide band sensor from amazon.. and it's USED!?

ade

yeah my ecu ate it, bad wiring.

After a few mins poking around with the multi-meter last nite, the cig lighter is the only switched source worth using. so i pinned into it.

i did it all without the manual so i cant tell you what pin or plug# i pulled power off. ill update once i find out more.

loner pin and pigtail of the ac switch

soldered and shrink wrapped unto the lc-1/guage lights harness i put together.

and installed it into pin??? on the back of plug???

i haven't tested it yet, i have to run a ground to the engine block and wire up the dimmer option for the gauges.

tektic

I read those lc-1 directions many times when I was doing my install. IIRC There are two grounds and both should be only a few inches from one another. I soldered wire to the bolt eyelets and to the ecu sensor ground wire that pins into the ecu.
No vampire clips to ecu! Wiring in the led is also a must.

Last edited:

ade

i ran all the grounds to the block, everything works fine.

QUESTION.. does the ecu need a datalog ground?

alls i have left to do is the logging wire which will be pinned into the ecu.

ade

oh yeah + gets the data output - to ground:)

ade

btw John, that sucks about the used o2 censor, when u get a chance send me a text got some ques for ya, and the autometer censor is yours if u need it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned