The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

As soon as I decided to sell her... She starts making noise

G0TB00ST

I just bought #174/1000 and shes great to drive. I know shes old and having an older car means that it needs some TLC. I got it knowing that I could give it a good home. I have 3 cars... A 2004 Evo RS, 2000 Lexus GS300 with a 2JZ 6265 powered and this stock original baby. I decided that the VR4 couldnt be a daily anymore. Having 4 cars makes no sense... so I decided to sell her. As soon as I posted her for sale... 10 minutes later I get a serpentine belt noise when I started her up. I checked the belts and they are fairly new and tight. I couldnt figure it out. I then drove it. Now at 2500-3000rpm and above... I hear a little noise. The noise sounds like a bird chirping. It is not low pitched like rod knock... nor is it high pitched like valve tap.

Heres a vid.

YouTube Video

It honestly sounds a bit annoying, and I do not want to hurt the car. Just my luck. I think the car doesnt want me to go! I kinda like having a part of History. I just feel like I will go crazy and modify the hell out of it.

transparentdsm

hard to tell from that post. try opening the hood and just reving the car up to 3000 rpm's in neutral. try to give everyone a better listen.

G0TB00ST

I have a video... I just never uploaded it. All you would hear is the rattle from the exhaust shield... which is something minor.

kooter

Does the car have a/c my compressor made something like a chirping noise when I first got it.

G0TB00ST

it does have ac... but it doesnt work.

so that rattle sound at 2500+ rpm wound up being a stupid bracket that was coming loose. I tightened it up and that was the end of it. Now the only issue is the squealing belt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned