The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear wheel bearing replacement procedure

GreenGSX

After we got back from One Lap this year the rear wheel bearings in the VR4 failed hard. The drivers side rear bearing was so bad it made the car wiggle on the expressway. Turns out after inspection that the bearing spun on the stub shaft. So while I was reaplacing the stub shafts and bearings I used my cell phone to take some pictures and I put together a little how-to procedure on our website which is why I didn't put this post in the how-to section. There are a lot of different ways to skin this cat but I use a really old school method that does not need a press or jaw-style puller. You can read all about it in the link below.

click

citymunky

This is petty much the same steps i took when I had to replace my rear axle seals on my Titan. I had to destroy a both wheel bearings to get to the seals.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts