The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What does this dial actually adjust?

IncorpoRatedX

I believe it to be the temprature that the compressor kicks off, there's a temp probe on the AC evaporator, at a certain degree (cold) it kicks the compressor off and then back on, so if you're recirculating the air, obviously cooler air gets colder, as opposed to pulling outside air, hotter air not getting as cold, it will adjust how hard the compressor works, you could crank that thing all the way down but you might deal with ice build up.

Thats off my memory, it's been a long time since I've worked on the AC system in one of these.

prove_it

Boost controller for the AC.

DUH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsitalon1

Quoting Alpha Male:
I believe it to be the temprature that the compressor kicks off, there's a temp probe on the AC evaporator, at a certain degree (cold) it kicks the compressor off and then back on, so if you're recirculating the air, obviously cooler air gets colder, as opposed to pulling outside air, hotter air not getting as cold, it will adjust how hard the compressor works, you could crank that thing all the way down but you might deal with ice build up.

Thats off my memory, it's been a long time since I've worked on the AC system in one of these.

This was my guess as well, but I'm not see this reaction. Is it only when in eco mode or for both eco and max modes?

ade

where is that mounted?

Galantvr41062

The main difference would be for a R12 system if you put more gooey stuff in it will get colder, thus how freezers work, but with R134a it works out more r134a will equal a hotter air charge, so it is critical to have both systems at the recommended fill levels, using AC filling gauges, and knowing your ambient temp, vs temp output.

~John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned