The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

METH

transparentdsm

so getting my parts for sale together and going through boxes and ran across a meth kit that i had bought a while back. now im trying to debate on weather to use it or sell it. i really want to use it, but it needs some things and i need to spend like 150$ to get the kit in my car the way i want it. i could technically install it the way it is, but i wouldn't be happy and i would have to use the washer fluid bottle and i would have to mount the whole thing in the engine bay. i want to mount this in my trunk, keep everything hidden and not look like i have a meth kit in my car. anyone who has meth experience please help me make a decision...

edit, a little more info. i have a evo8 valve train, evo3 16g gt, 780cc injectors, evo8 intercooler, 2.5" ic piping, 3" exhaust, 255lph walbro w/ re-wire and SD w/ EcmLink. i do plan on going up to a holset wh1c turbo and a huge intercooler next year.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I havent installed mine yet, but i bought the devils own meth kit. Debating on either the trunk install or in the bay, most likely the trunk. It comes with a controller that allows you to kick on when ever it hits a certain P.S.I

transparentdsm

yeah thats the one that i have. its a devilsown. its an older version though. i have the pump, controller, 3 bar map sensor, nozzle holder and check valve.

MellowVR4

What is costing you 150 extra?

transparentdsm

to set it up in the trunk the way i want it. with what i have i can set it up in my engine bay right now and run it, but thats not what i want and wont do it like this. my original post states that.

MellowVR4

so yo need longer/more 1/4 line, some more wiring, and the reservoir?

MellowVR4

well then yeah, i can see where the money is needed. reservoir you can get at a junkyard or something like that. Thats where im getting mine from.

transparentdsm

yeah i wouldn't want to do that anyway. id want to have brand new stuff. im not worried about the money im just wondering if its a justifiable purchase. i cant run e85 because there is nothing around here. id like to just get the most out of my 16g turbo.

MellowVR4

How much was the kit back when u got it

turbowop

Mine is in the trunk. I use a foam-filled 3-gallon reservoir and teflon lined hose from the trunk to the engine bay. If you can't get E85, I'd use it. It's a cheap way to make more power.

Spyke169

For the 1/4" line why not run brake line? You can get the nickel/copper aly that is easier to bend and non corrosive as opposed to conventional steel line. Most parts houses also sell universal reservoirs with mounting brackets that you could use.

Last edited:

blackvr4

One thing I really recommend is when buying methanol make sure you are buying it in sealed 5 gallon drums. Even a few drops of gasoline contaminating the methanol is going to destroy pump after pump, took me 5 years and about 5 methanol pump to figure this out! I also found it best to run 100% meth.

I highly recommend the devils own stainless line kit, I been running methanol on my 1G DSM for awhile now, see 33-37psi on a t3 HX40 and about 21-22 degrees of timing. Love it. Unfortunately I will probably be switching to E85 soon.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

thank you guys, so i guess ill be keeping the kit, getting the rest of the parts and installing my meth kit.

also i only paid like 125 bucks for what i have now and that was shipped to me. like i said before i bought the kit in a condition that is usable and all the parts are there to install it now, i just want everything newer and cleaner and i really want to hide it all in the trunk to keep the same look my engine bay has. im very happy with my engine bay as of right now. all that will change with the Holset though.

Jesus_Negros

Damnit I was gonna lowball offer you for the kit lol. You better run that sh*t or give it to me.

5OF2k

I dont like meth, personally. If you have E85 readily available, go that route. Guarantee you'll love it!

-Jake

EMX5636

I'm a little late to the party, but do you still have ABS in that car? My whole meth setup is hidden down in the fender where the ABS pump used to be. Only think you can see from up top is the bottle, and I got a shiny aluminum (SS would be better for corrosion though) one. Either way, I vote use it. I am using the push connects with Nylon 1/4" clear hose on my setup, and even ran the same setup on my old GSX with the meth setup hidden under the back seat foam. The stainless is nice (teflon lined only though), but not worth the money IMHO.

transparentdsm

yeah im def going to use it, i do have ABS though. i think ill try the nylon line from devilsown for now to save some money. wop and emx how do you have your nozzles installed? thats the only thing im still trying to figure out before i buy the parts to set it up.

LIV4PSI

I have the nylon line from Devil's Own on my Subaru for a few years. I have never had any problems with it, it's durable and works well.

turbowop

Quoting transparentdsm:
wop and emx how do you have your nozzles installed? thats the only thing im still trying to figure out before i buy the parts to set it up.

I use an M15 nozzle threaded into my UICP from the bottom a few inches from the throttle body. I have a filter right before a checkvalve that is right before the nozzle, and a Hobbs switch off a tee that will shut the system down if it doesn't see meth pressure at the nozzle. Old pics from original install back in '06ish:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts