The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Antilock light on an ABS motor running after the car is off

EfiniX

Some Google searches seem to be pointing to either moisture in a sensor on the pump, faulty wiring or just general hokeyness that can be resolved by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.

i've done this, but haven't driven again yet. When I do, we'll see, but I thought I would check here to see if there are usual suspects that I can be poking in if this doesn't resolve the issue. I actually don't mind pulling the two ABS relays under the hood, but that light is going to drive me bonkers and I"m not ready for a no ABS conversion (too many other projects right now).

C

EfiniX

Well ta-da. Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery did the trick. Is this car running on Windows?

C

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
if you have more problems, you can disconnect it electrically without worrying about doing an ABS elimination. Brake system will work fine without ABS operating.

Had the same problem on my 1g Talon. the relay on the ABS pump is sticking closed. you can find them on the same pump in junk yards, toyota, nissan, mitsu and a few others used the same pump. till you get another one just pull it out and throw it in the glovebox. IIRC it has like a raised + on the top of it but I could be wrong there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned