The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

When does an E316g really hit full boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have searched around and there is surprisingly less information on this topic than I'd like.

Not sure what other variables would be involved besides having a 4g63, type of wastegate, what gear etc etc.

Really don't feel like watching my gauge going down the road either since it is below the radio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Thanks

fuel

what psi is 'full boost'? Are we talking the standard ~11psi ish? Oh my factory JDM Evolution setup the big16 hit the factory levels at about 3000rpms in 5th gear. Now that it's a 20G compressor wheel it hits 15psi in 5th at about 3200-3300rpms.

turbowop

Again, this depends on too many variables for any given car. The best way to figure it out is to use a MAP sensor and datalog boost against RPM.

And you really need to rewrite your article that's linked in your sig. VR4 doesn't only stand for 4WS. And I'm not really sure how you're estimating your 1/4 mile and dyno numbers if you can't even figure out what RPM you're hitting full boost at.

transparentdsm

Quoting blkchr91:

Really don't feel like watching my gauge going down the road either since it is below the radio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

have a friend get in the car and watch it for you.

prove_it

Why do you need to know when the turbo spools? Especially a 16G? What are you trying to do, or gain?

More like 25 psi. I am sure that has an effect on the time it takes but not sure if that is the only factor.

Quoting fuel:
what psi is 'full boost'? Are we talking the standard ~11psi ish? Oh my factory JDM Evolution setup the big16 hit the factory levels at about 3000rpms in 5th gear. Now that it's a 20G compressor wheel it hits 15psi in 5th at about 3200-3300rpms.

If I need to rewrite it so badly, what else does it stand for? Not sure what is up with the insults again. You have been alright towards me for a while. Took a guess based upon what other people with similar mods get.

Quoting turbowop:
Again, this depends on too many variables for any given car. The best way to figure it out is to use a MAP sensor and datalog boost against RPM.

And you really need to rewrite your article that's linked in your sig. VR4 doesn't only stand for 4WS. And I'm not really sure how you're estimating your 1/4 mile and dyno numbers if you can't even figure out what RPM you're hitting full boost at.

I think I'll have turbowop do it for me.

Quoting transparentdsm:
Quoting blkchr91:

have a friend get in the car and watch it for you.

@Prove_it..trying to set stutterbox RPM for one and trying to get a rough idea when full boost hits on the other for tunerpro tuning.

prove_it

So here's the deal. A B16G doesn't need much help to spool. It really doesn't. I have my launch rev limit set to 5k and I'll build 6-8psi just bouncing the rev limit on my S16G, once I launch I'm at 26psi. No anti-lag needed. As soon as you get moving, you should see boost. I would say on a full stock block engine with good compression and a 2.5in downpipe you should see 20psi by 3600rpms. You really need a datalogger for this with a MAP sensor though. Honestly I always tell people not to guess with tuning. Even having someone in the car watching won't be accurate (close though) by the time your friend sees the boost and reads the rpm's there will be a delay. You need some sort of MAP reading and a wideband to be sure your getting your tune right.

Generally I see people set their studderbox/anti-lag around 4500-5500rpms. Usually the higher the rpms, then the quicker you get to second.

As it was mentioned before, this is a test and tune progress though. You may find that 6k is better, or 4k is better. Every car and every driver is different. There is no magic settings that everyone will use. Also keep in mind that the driver makes the car, it's not the car that makes the driver.

@prove_it...excellent post, appreciated and thank you very much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a wideband already and a datalogger but no MAP. I think that your information suffices for my purposes generally.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

Quoting blkchr91:
I think I'll have turbowop do it for me.

What the f*** is your problem and what's with the attitude? This isn't the noob section, it's the tech section. If you feel the need to make 40 f***ing threads that address basic questions about these cars, do it there.

I gave you straight up answers and brought to your attention the fact that your little article has some misinformation. Don't get butthurt at me for your inability to do proper research.

Whatever...I'll ask you the same. What the f*** your problem is...it seems like you are always posting this sh*t in threads more often than not. It is always the same crap..."don't get butt hurt". It seems like it is you with the overall problem. I'll ask questions at my discretion and how I want regardless of your opinion on how you think I should ask them. As if you are going to stop me with your viewpoint?

turbowop

If by "this sh*t" you mean answers to your simple questions, then yes, I do post that stuff more often than not. My "problem" is that I posted answers/info in your many threads and you didn't like what I had to say so you got all upset and call me "the almighty" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif amongst saying other things in an attempt to insult me.

Your discretion sucks. None of these threads are worthy of this section of the forum. When does a 16g hit full boost? Really? Some simple research would tell you that's its based on almost as many variables as you have worthless threads.

prove_it

img.php

I am not talking about my threads exclusively. You have done this to a fair number of people in different threads. If is YOU doing it to many different people did you ever stop to think that the problem might be YOU? I have come across these threads and I have kept my nose out of them because I don't want to escalate anything but now you are jumping on me personally.

I mean come on, your car is gorgeous and you know your sh*t. We both know that. You have a gorgeous BG and I am not afraid to say that....but you can't say that my discretion sucks because it is a technical question and is subject to many other variables that I don't understand and need help along the way just like other people in the technical forum. Sometimes I think that your ego gets in the way of being a little bit nicer to people.

You claim that NONE of my threads are worthy of being here but you yourself didn't have an answer on one of my threads. In fact, other people asked other questions in the same threads and everything was just fine. No one told them to search. You just don't like my style of posting or don't like me for whatever reason. I don't think that my discretion sucks and will continue to ask questions as I see fit unless stopped by a mod. I think that your overall attitude sucks and that you are far too aggressive for whatever reason at times. I am here to learn just like everyone else. It would be nice to post without being insulted and you for whatever reason seem to get on these binges where you insult people. I really don't understand it man.

Quoting turbowop:
If by "this sh*t" you mean answers to your simple questions, then yes, I do post that stuff more often than not. My "problem" is that I posted answers/info in your many threads and you didn't like what I had to say so you got all upset and call me "the almighty" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif amongst saying other things in an attempt to insult me.

Your discretion sucks. None of these threads are worthy of this section of the forum. When does a 16g hit full boost? Really? Some simple research would tell you that's its based on almost as many variables as you have worthless threads.

Wizardawd

Well....here I go.

(1)Mark has a point. Why create multiple threads for the same question?
(2)Search is your friend. The search on the site is a bit tricky, but in the age of Google, there is no excuse. Period.
(3)Careful what you say, this isn't YOUR forum. And if you are going to be bashing everyone that tries to answer your questions, why should we answer them?

And they are right, compression ratio, exhaust size, flow, boost level, so many factors. Typically you should expect full boost between 2500-3500rpm.

Wiz

turbowop

Once again, I answered your question by telling you spool time is based on variables, none of which you gave. That's as far as the info goes. I tried to help.

I get along with and am friends in real life with waaaaay more people on here than I don't get along with. The problem isn't me. It's thin-skinned noobs like you that can't handle the truth.

@wizardAWD

Who did I bash? 2 people who started crap with me and maybe now yourself as a third? I did nothing wrong, so your post is unilaterally biased. Like I said, my posts spawned other questions that are searchable and other people are not being told to search in other threads for lesser questions.

I certainly won't be asking questions of you since you are partial and certainly don't care if you answer them moving forward. I will be careful about nothing since I have done nothing wrong. I'll just remember members like you when it comes to advice or for sale threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts