The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mivec hybrid

prove_it

Crazy.

Gizmovr4

What this guy is doing is cool, however its alot of work- swapping intake and exhaust location. Kiggly has been using the Evo variable intake cam system for a year now. He has figured out a way to drill the 1G/2G heads to pressurize the mivec system.
For those with access to DSM link click

Last edited:

prove_it

Downside to MIVEC is that the cam has a hollow area that can break the cam off. We did this on our project evo 9 back in 08. Snapped the cam at 800whp. Not sure if newer cams can hold up, but this would be awesome in a 20g car.

Gizmovr4

Kiggly had a custom comp cam made - so no breakage at high horsepower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I believe he will be offering a kit to the public at the end of this year. This is more important to guys running automatics with big turbos - in order to get up on the converter at the line.

prove_it

As I read more I see that more. One guy says he's using ECMlink to control this. How does this work then when the cam goes full retard and the cam sensor then reads way off? Do you just figure that into the timing table or what?

Gizmovr4

I have been watching the progress on this for some time- sure he will post a log when it's all up and running. I would imagine that timing will be adjusted via the timing table to compensate for cam movement.

EMX5636

Quoting prove_it:
As I read more I see that more. One guy says he's using ECMlink to control this. How does this work then when the cam goes full retard and the cam sensor then reads way off? Do you just figure that into the timing table or what?

You have to add a Crank Sensor like the 2G/EVO have. This is used for RPM and Spark control. The CAS becomes a way to read how much advance (but I don't think Link can control that. either on or off like the Cylcone mani).

Last edited:

Racah15

Quote:

Evo9 Mivec is on the Intake Cam. CAS is on the exhaust cam. Doesn't change the reading.

Uhh...... What?

Like a 95 style on the exhaust cam?

Last edited:

EMX5636

^ Good catch. Totally came out wrong, but hey, I was on 6 hours of sleep since Friday down in Ocean City MD. haha

prove_it

I completely forgot the EVO sensor is on the exhaust cam too.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts