The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FIC injector failures

prove_it

I was helping a buddy get his GVR4 up and running last night and after I went through the harness to clean up all the hacked wiring and get it back to stock we tried to start it with failure. Checked for spark. That was good. Hmm fuel? Checked the injectors and they were not clicking. pulled the rail out and held the injectors in place and did a spray test, nothing. I thought I messed up the injector wiring but after going through it it was all fine. On a hunch I swapped out for stock injectors and it fired right up.

Question is what would cause 4 used FIC 680 injectors to not function? I didn't think to check the resistance til after I left. Not one of them would click or spray at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

They are the fat style injectors, so I'm assuming they should be run with the resistor box, so really confused why all 4 four would fail. We are planning on sending them in for testing and cleaning. Think away.

5OF2k

Very well could have been ran with E85 and then sat, causing them to gum up/seize(corn is sticky). Other than that, you wont really know until you take them in to be professionally cleaned....

-Jake

prove_it

Kinda what I was thinking too. I've never had all 4 fail and not even click. That was an hour of head scratching.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts