The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shifting is still the same after new parts installed.. Please help

Fukenvr4

its a 91 Galant VR4 with about 70,000 original miles and its 100% stock. The only issue that I have with the car before I changed the clutch is that i have to step on the clutch all the way to floor to change the gears. Heck , I thought it was time for a clutch change so i bought everything brand new, Mitsu oem clutch , New mitsu flywheel, Mitsu throw out bearing, Mitsu fluids, oem mitsu master and slave cylinder. After the install it got a little better but i still have to press the clutch pedal all the way down so that i can change gears. I've bled the slave and master and adjusted the master cylinder's piston nut but it seems that its not the issue here. What else should i be looking for?..Please help

newpoppop

can that be put in the right position and welded??

CutlassJim

Don't you always put the clutch to the floor to shift? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

When you bled the clutch did you push the piston in before you cracked the bleeder at least once?

Or try pulling this shift pedal up after an actuation. If it comes up it needs to be rebuilt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned