The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What will I have to change to run a 2G mas with ETS intake?

Looks like I am overruning my 1g MAS.

What parts (if any) will I have to lose of my ETS intake?

I believe that I am supposed to use a 3 inch to 4 inch adapter per the VFAQ...but these pics don't look like there is even a 1g MAF is involved at all and nothing appears to be lost. Maybe I am wrong?

ETS_GalantVR4-Intercooler-Kit1-500x500.jpg

new_engine2.jpg

DynastyLCD

if that's a 3" intake, then yes, all you will need is a 3" to 4" adapter, and the proper adapter to plug the 2g MAF in! it's that simple!

edit: also, an Evo MAF could also be without changing any couplers, it's the same diameter as the 1g MAF

Last edited:

Hey Dynasty...I don't see that happening in either pic though (3 inch to 4 inch adapter). Am I right? Hard to tell on the 2nd one but the first looks to be just the ETS coupler. Maybe that is an EVO MAF like you mentioned?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DynastyLCD

the second pic definetly is an Evo/3G MAF, you can tell by the plug. the other one, very well may be the same but it's not a very clear picture

CutlassJim

I'm with Dynasty on this one, 2nd one is a 3G/Evo MAF. Both are a HUGE upgrade over the stock maf. 2G is good for 500+ crank horse and 3G good for 650+. Anyone running a 1G MAF needs to be rochambo'd. Someone on here sells the adapters or you could cut and splice.

Any idea what filter is used in that case? Looks rather short and don't want to take a ton of time trying to make it work.

G

Staff member
I thought you had to have some type of engine management (other than stock) to run a evo maf?

Thanks, I avoid autozone when possible but if this definitely fits I might consider it.

Quoting marvinmadman:
Auto zone spectre filter. I think they are 3.5" long.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting CutlassJim:
Someone on here sells the adapters or you could cut and splice.

I make the adapters for either 2g or 3g/Evo mafs.

lowcashleblanc

Quoting G:
I thought you had to have some type of engine management (other than stock) to run a evo maf?

This is what I need to know....Tuning is involved due to the increase in airflow and to translate the signals correct?

CutlassJim

Quoting G:

Oh derp. Yes you need to recal the ECU for the different MAF. I've been so spoiled with Link I totally forgot. It says he has an Ostrich so he should be all set.

Yes, I have tunerpro.

Quoting G:

Just bought Dynasty's. It comes with one but thanks.

Quoting iceman69510:
Quoting CutlassJim:
Someone on here sells the adapters or you could cut and splice.

I make the adapters for either 2g or 3g/Evo mafs.

Yeah but the values are some mystery like everything with tunerpro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quoting CutlassJim:
Quoting G:

Oh derp. Yes you need to recal the ECU for the different MAF. I've been so spoiled with Link I totally forgot. It says he has an Ostrich so he should be all set.

Any idea if I could do this...

click

or this:

click

I don't want to have to spend money on a shorty filter and adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

So I ended up with DynastyLCD's EVO 8 399 MAF and my problems are solved. At this point, I don't mind spending on a MAF adaptor and a filter with a length of 4.5 inches or less. Since everything I have from intercooler to coupling is ETS, I am tempted to go with the ETS air filter kit for an EVO 8 since it fits the bill...but I am a cheap bastard.

click

I do like the idea that the intake comes with the bolts and everything that I need so I don't have to go running around to Lowe's etc.

I am also thinking of doing the Dejon MAF to 1g can adapter but that will force me to take my stupid washer reservoir and put it down low enough where I might have to use a funnel.

click

Are there any setups that have all the bolts etc ready to go for a better price than the ETS setup? Sick of Lowes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Grudge paying shipping and that much on a relatively item.

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned