The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tunerpro XDF & Bin with stock 2g timing curve and fuel maps?

Was wondering if someone could pm me this? I am trying to tune my car and can't figure out how on earth to get 16 rows of 2g timing curves and fuel maps into 12 rows of 1g timing curves. I have given up asking all of that since no one has an answer so I figure I'd just post here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

dandanger

I'm in the process of setting the 2g timing maps to my bin to test, not complete yet. You lose some of the resolution cause the rows dont match but it's still just a base you should start on so it's not that serious imo. Would also be interested in the files if someone has done this already. I have a JDM so can't use the E931 bin directly anyway...

tektic

I have Terrys mod in a file somewhere. It's the one that halves the maf input for 12 rows over 30 psi.

Well what worries me is not only that you lose resolution, but if you are using a 1g extended timing map and try to input the numbers from a non extended 1g timing map you will be putting in invalid data.

Does that make sense?

Quoting dandanger:
I'm in the process of setting the 2g timing maps to my bin to test, not complete yet. You lose some of the resolution cause the rows dont match but it's still just a base you should start on so it's not that serious imo. Would also be interested in the files if someone has done this already. I have a JDM so can't use the E931 bin directly anyway...

I'd like to see this if you have it. In the meantime, I have input "optimized" numbers from "Tarry Kyle's" spreadsheet and pdf guide found on DSM_ECU at the URL below.

You have to be a member to see it and I don't bother posting there any more because my posts are moderated and it takes days for my posts to appear if at all.

click

I input the timing and fuel numbers but my car stumbles horribly on it at 4k rpm. I leaned it out at load rows 1.88 and higher (someone said this was the right way to do this at some time). I don't have any more hesitation now, but really would like the extended 2g timing maps clearly transposed onto a 1g extended timing map so that I don't blow it up before logging.

I'd like to see this mod when you get it.

Quoting tektic:
I have Terrys mod in a file somewhere. It's the one that halves the maf input for 12 rows over 30 psi.

Last edited by a moderator:

dandanger

Quoting blkchr91:
Well what worries me is not only that you lose resolution, but if you are using a 1g extended timing map and try to input the numbers from a non extended 1g timing map you will be putting in invalid data.

Does that make sense?

Quoting dandanger:

I know what youre thinking, and makes sense.Maybe I wasnt clear enough when writing that post. What I mean is that when I'm setting the timing values, I have to figure in what "load" area to put the values in the non-extended bin. After all, I'm only putting different values to timing map to test(much milder map), not doing any crazy experimenting, and of course testdrive carefully while logging after changes made. This is not the first time I'm messing with timing..the awful phantom-knockin crazy-ass jdm maps have been bugging me since I got the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

dandanger

Quoting blkchr91:
I'd like to see this if you have it. In the meantime, I have input "optimized" numbers from "Tarry Kyle's" spreadsheet and pdf guide found on DSM_ECU at the URL below.

You have to be a member to see it and I don't bother posting there any more because my posts are moderated and it takes days for my posts to appear if at all.

click

I input the timing and fuel numbers but my car stumbles horribly on it at 4k rpm. I leaned it out at load rows 1.88 and higher (someone said this was the right way to do this at some time). I don't have any more hesitation now, but really would like the extended 2g timing maps clearly transposed onto a 1g extended timing map so that I don't blow it up before logging.

I'd like to see this mod when you get it.

Quoting tektic:

I checked the file but have to get it to my tunerpro laptop to check and compare against my project map(s). There must have been some serious changes made if the engine has responded in the way you described. As I mentioned before, I've made quite a lot of timing map changes, but never had results like that. Major changes I made took some of the phantom knock off, before the changes(stock maps) my car had actually areas around 3000-4000rpm where the knock values was at max and the car stuttered like it had fuel cut.

I wont have time to experiment before weekend but will get back to this.

Thanks for your help. Let me know if you need a basic xdf with the optimized 1g values included.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned