The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie wondering about his 90 galant gs-x

I bought it last summer was wondering what the Trans and so on would be considered? A 1g or what? It's not a 4 bolt rear I'm pretty sure it's a 3 bolt that somebody tweaked. Also the motor wa replaced by a 93 gsr galant and I was wondering if it was a 6 or 7 bolt, as you can tell I'm pretty lost and could use some help if anyone could tell me anything they know about it Ide appreciate it I'm trying to swap a turbod 4g63 in there within the next moth.

rexwagon1909

I have a 90 galant GSX, which when I bought it was already swapped to 4g63t. I had to redo everything because previous owner beat it into the ground and basically scammed me. Anyways long story short your car and be whatever you want it to be. If you want to make it more like VR4 get a 1g 6 bolt, and ecu, and go to work. The transmission I believe was 22 spline same I believe as in 1990 1g eclipse GSX. My car is a nice mixture of different a years parts. Again comes down to what you want to make it into. Follow my build if you want to its on here. If you have any questions I'm not an expert but will try and help out.

James

I also have a 90 galant GSX. But my motor and trans are swapped from a 92 talon.

rexwagon1909

Personally I would say stay with 1g 6bolt and drivetrain. It's much easier using what you know will work with little or no modification. I am using a 1g 6 bolt plus 2g auto transmission and its not fun, lots of little problems to fix.

turbowop

Quoting 90gsxgalant:
Funny guy, should try stand up, I tried couldn't find jack...

I wasn't trying to be funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You posted in two different sections of the forum first off. I didn't say anything in your n00b thread as it's understood that section is for n00b type questions. But this is the technical section, and this isn't exactly technical, let alone new when it comes to this type of car.

The info you seek is definitely out there, and not difficult to find.

Last edited:

prove_it

If only people would read the stickys first.....

prove_it

Oh and by the way, to the OP, you must not have opened the general discussions tab as there is a two page build thread that's current on a turbo swapped GSX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting 90gsxgalant:
Would a 7 bolt work? Would I need a 2g Ecu then?

Wouldn't need a 2g DSM ecu if you swap in a 1G DSM 7 bolt.

transparentdsm

Quoting prove_it:
If only people would read the stickys first.....

or just use a google search or a wiki page. all the info is there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts