The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What are your results using a Holset Turbo?

desant78

Hello Gvr4.org

A friend of mine is picking up a sweet white g-ride this weekend, and is investigating running a Holset HX-35 set up. I got curious and did a little background on this type of build to find some expected results, and found that lots of people use them. Problem is, I can't find many threads with actual results, hp figures, rpm that you hit full boost, flow, etc.

Please feel free to chime in with the results of your holset build, it can be hx-30, hx-40, etc. So far on this site I found a monster HP vr4 using a HX-5? Dsm or vr4 related is welcome (note they are not the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:

5OF2k

As "not the same" as they are, there are TONS of threads on Holeset powered 4G63s out there, especially on www.dsmtuners.com

Head there, type "holeset thread" in the search box, and have at it! You'll find everything you ever wnated to know, and prob some things you didnt as well.

-Jake

EMX5636

YouTube or Google assault187 or DSM2gNick. A buddy of mine put down just north of 600HP with a 40pro in his AWD Spyder a couple years back. They are nice turbos but don't seem to like high EGTs.

curtis

Milton has had one for years so I'm sure he'll chime in. The new ones are the He351's I just sold one and would have been perfect for him they come with a T3 flange and a 9cm housing with like a 4 or 4.5 vband and internal gate flow is up around 70 and compare to the older 40's and I have a He351vgt for mine. As said lots of info over on tuners

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned