The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dies when warm

transparentdsm

so it starts and runs till it gets warm. i have a good ISC. could the FIAV cause this if that + plug thats under the freeze plug backs all the way out? im really at a lose here because i cant get it up to operating temperatures to set the timing or the BISS. also my timing marks are dead on, but i only have -7 in hg at idle. if anyone can help please. i bought the motor out of a running car, it has 8000 miles on it, stock rebuilt bottom end, acl bearings, BSE kit and the head has evo 8 springs and retainers, 1mm over valves and 3g lifters.

Last edited:

Probably unrelated, but I had the same thing. Idle surge would start when it reached operating temp.

I am running a WBO2 in the stock location which is sending out a narrow and wide band signal. Noticed that the gauge was showing 11.0 at idle when the problem was happening at times.

Also noticed fouled plugs and my fuel filter probably hadn't been changed in a while.

I can't tell you if my problem has gone away yet since it would take 20 minutes plus at idle to see if it would go away and whenever I actually drive the car it's usually highway.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts