The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OIl cooler question

prove_it

I got a friend who has an external oil cooler with a 90 OFH. The cooler starting leaking badly and he has no money to replace it. I got some plugs that fit the oil housing inlet and outlet. Can I just plug off the inlet and outlet without issues? Will I need to remove the oil bypass valve and plug that too to get proper oil flow until he can replace the cooler?

mcbride89

I've got the stm delete kit. My engine fried because that PO had a hacked oil cooler on there. But honestly I think you're fine. Just make sure to plug both...

curtis

Ok I have a bunch of coolers I would give him because I've been stuck in the same situation before myself but the ones I have may have crap trapped in them and without running pressure through them in an ultrasonic cleaner I wouldn't risk it. But my buddy came by with a cooler just the other day to show me that is badass and probably can be found at any junkyard in america. The 4.6 crown vic police cars have a factory oil to water cooler. Yes laminova cooler from the factory. I'm not spending 2 hours discussing laminovas when you can do a google search but it has removable ends and can be cleaned and installed on his car. Most junkyards probably want even know what it is so probably 5 bucks for a radiator hose with a crazy looking aluminum piece on it.. Hopefully this helps him and others out because these things on ebay don't bring much but new from the dealer are over a grand.

Here's some that sold on ebay click me
goggle info click me
laminova search for educational purposes click me

91_427

^^^^ The Google info link takes you to ebay, and the laminova search for educational purposes link isn't to an actual page.

prove_it

Good info curtis. Really is. I'm assuming you would want to install this in the lower radiator hose, which kinda seems a bit tricky though. Looks cool and Highly functional though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts