The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EGR boost reference?

quato

Hey guys. I am trying to find a good reference point for my Evo MAP sensor. (pictured)
img.php

Since I have my EGR blocked off, could I make a new piece and incorporate the sensor into it and have that work as my MAP boost source? I might be totally wrong about my thinking of the EGR area of course.

Thanks for any input.

*edit* The reason I ask is because it looks like STM has a MAP bracket that looks like it bolts into the EGR area and am wondering about the viability of that spot.

Last edited:

prove_it

I'm pretty sure boost/vacuum will be equal in all runners. It may not have the best response rate, but will work.

curtis

Thats rather simple and wish you were here in town and I could do one up rather quick. Get a piece of aluminum. An inch or so thick. O ring needs to be about 1/8 up inside hole Then drill one hole about .025 larger than the sensor then place it in the hole and mark and drill for the bolts after that carry it and the intake to a shop and have it tig welded on then drill out the hole in the intake. Reason I say that seems like if you drill the hole first the piece never gets centered correctly.

quato

Awesome thanks for the advice! I'll see what I can work out in my neck of the woods. My main concern is about getting accurate readings. I'll report back with any findings.

prove_it

Like I said, you'll see boost and vacuum the same on all runners, MAP sensors are not the quickest responding sensors either. Reading off of one runner only will have some slight difference now and then, but I doubt you'll have an issue with this.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts