The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which Brake pads?

I am getting ready to swap brake pads in the rear and until someone answers, I don't know what sort of rear rotors are on the car.

With that said, previous owner said that the pads on the car are metal masters (back in the day metal master meant Repco but it looks like metal master can mean a few different brands). I have always used metal masters on all of my vehicles for years and have been happy.

I am just not sure if they are still made or what the latest is.

I am not that picky about the rears since they don't have as much to do with braking power as the front.

What is the equivalent to metalmasters these days? Do you guys use metalmasters? Anything around metal master price range would probably do the trick.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

Holy sh*t dude. You probably could have just made one thread to ask all your brake questions, instead of filling up the whole tech section with several threads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I find that if I don't ask questions one by one the questions won't get answered.

G

Staff member
Dude, forget metal masters. Just go to autozone and buy the cheapest ones they have, that's all you need. Seems like you have more important things to worry about.

So, I wouldn't notice degraded performance by doing that? I know that the car has other issues, but they will get fixed in time.

Are you saying this because it is just the rear?

Thanks

JamesFoster

I like Hawk or EBC brake pads. I have EBC greens on my daily

I have Hawks on my Forester XT...man that thing stops better than anything I have ever experienced.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned