The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Battery going dead due to door not shutting correctly

rdomeck

So I have been chasing a battery going dead for a month or two. It will sometimes go a week and not go dead and sometimes it will go dead in about 8 hours. I have been trying different things and noticed that my door has been having trouble staying latched. I do finally get it latched, but I have noticed that after I open and close my passenger front door is when I have problems.

So what am I looking at for checking the door out? I am assuming that it has something to do with automatic seat belts. I plan on pulling the door apart in the next couple of days to check things out.

Thanks for any advice......

pot

Staff member
Either the belts or possibly even the door ajar light but in that case your dome light should come on less the bulb is out. Is there any lights coming up on the dash when you shut and lock the driver door?

rdomeck

No lights on at all. My dome light does work. When I do get the door latched the belt retracts like it should. Just sometimes that door takes forever to get latched and after is when I either have the battery run down or it stops running down. I did notices with an amp meter across the negative terminal that it would almost pulse up to .86 amps and drop back down. Doesn't seem like much, but I'm wondering if at times that is worse.

I only suspected this after I went to take it to lunch one day and we couldn't get the passenger door to shut. I left it and decided I would look at it after work and when I went out after work the battery was dead.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned