The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Non flat bed towing of our AWD vehicles

Hey, I bring my car to DC from time to time and the Police Department (yes the Police Department itself) is ruthless about towing. It is very easy to make a mistake and park in the wrong spot with the city's twisted signs, zones, etc etc etc.

I was just wondering if my vehicle is towed by a non flat bed if it turns into a hopeless scenario? (They won't take a second to see if your car is AWD here).

I would figure that some of us would have to get towed the wrong way from time to time. How do you all deal with it?

Thanks

Tre3zy

you sue the towing company... normally when they run your vin it should pop up that its and AWD vehicle... and you can get one of this click

Really? Good to know! Not looking forward to getting my car towed. Thing is, how will I know what the bastards used if I am stuck working? Also, can you sue a Police Department just as easily? I figure they can claim sovereign immunity.

Didn't know about the vin checker....

What is the link you posted? It is blocked at work.

Thanks

prove_it

It's a sticker you apply to your windshield above your vin so whoever checks the vin will see a warning about the vehicle being AWD.

JCorbo25

If you do get towed, get ALL the information you can from the tow truck company ASAP. You can play innocent about awd damage at first, but get all the paperwork they have on it. Also inquire as to which tow truck was used, what employee towed it, and who checked it into the lot.

Then you sue them for drivetrain damage and replace everything you can.

prove_it

and then use the money for a shep trans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vr4junkie

That would be nice to have it towed and make them pay for a new built tranny....something similar happened to my buddys car he left it at a shop and some one tried to steal it they end up stealing his seats and scratched up his car he threatened to sue got a new paint job off brand racing seats carbon fiber hood and some cash for his troubles....let's hope your car gets towed now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif hell if that's the case ill be glad they towed my car ill try to get a Jacks stage 2 build and just enough for a new clutch.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned