The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Auto GGSX wiring - Manual turbo swap

tektic

Harness is out. Comparing it to the manual dsm harness and all the interior plugs are different.

Manual on the left auto on the right.

This whole branch seams to be for the auto tans. Except for the one that connects to the fuse box. One of the larger ones.

Anyone have any idea what needs to be removed. What needs to be retained? I though I was just using the manual harness.

Last edited:

gmp

hey this isn't a auto ggsx harness pinout but the plugs sure do look similar to a gvr4's.
My thread,
I've been slowly working on I have yet to make the pinout diagrahm for what is needed and not. Ill get my ass on it soon tho.
and I will update the thread.
but for now the white plugs are done

click

tektic

That's a nice diagram. Thank you. that's one I haven't seen before.
I spent the day taking notes on the Automatic harness. This is what I got so far.
The main branches for the ELC 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC are c-58, c-59, c-60 and c-60-1

I didn't start cutting yet, but I think I can pretty much cut everything out that goes to any of these connectors.
At a-43 it has wires for the neutral switch that will disrupt the ignition at pins 8(BW A-09 neutral switch) and 9(BY-Starter).
I think you just jump them and you should be good. I was going to put a kill switch here.
I'm going to pull the pins and use them on the engine harness for things I don't have like a knock sensor and a fuel pressure solenoid.

kama1

Went through this last year,manual dsm engine harness to e39a body harness.
Was a mess in my head,took the easy way out and got an e39a engine harness which is quite rare down here.
Just make sure not to rush things(cutting),even the simplest things get screwd up when your in a rush.

tektic

Well I didn't rush, In fact its been like 15 hours. My notes were all accurate. All three tcu plugs can be cut and the extra body harness is for the tree on the dash. That can be removed as well. A couple wires go back to the ecu the can just be clipped short and covered. The Thick Black yellow and black and white that go to the trans have to be connected, I think. I sent them back into the car for a kill switch. I have a few heat stressed wires to fix and I ran out of solder. After that I'm going to wrap it up I guess.

I also wired:
-Resistor pack hard wired (maf harness wire is wrong guage. )
-Knock Sensor
-2g MAFS harness +reset wire
-LC-1 WB02

Regarding the Injector resistor pack:
Also In this post it says one thing
But in the manual its completely different.
fdd89db3.jpg

Is there anything else I should send though? Map Sensor maybe? What do you guys think?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned