The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

97 3kgt vr4 knuckles

G

Staff member
Has anyone tried swapping these in yet? I wonder how much the suspension geometry is different?

3eb3g83h45g75ed5hbcc724.jpg

3e93n33h75gd5k15fccc7b5.jpg

cheekychimp

G,

I don't know what year mine came from but yes, geometry is significantly different and widens the front track almost as much as doing the 3KGT swap at the rear widens things back there.

Definitely messes with the camber. Use of coilovers is mandatory as you need to lower the car and I think you need a different diameter bushing for the suspension as well which makes using stock struts a pain anyway. I currently use camber plates and I'm maxed out and still not where I want to be really.

Does anyone recall if Whiteline made bushings for the VR4 with a camber adjustment bolt? I am wondering if that might give me a bit more adjustment. You may get better results using a custom offset as well. Part of my need for the extra camber is that the EVO VIII wheels just sit too wide with the added track.

I promised to do pictures of this for Brandon and never did because I was at work when the car was in the shop. I will however endeavour to take some shots with the wheels off when the car goes back to fit the rear hubs. Native fitment of 3KGT front calipers rocks and Ken says he has located a rare set of Brembo upgraded calipers with bigger disks which are plug and play for the rear. With the 3KGT master cylinder the car already stops so much better than before and it looks like things will get even better.

Paul.

G

Staff member
Yes! Post some pics. Not sure if it's worth the trouble just to be able to bolt up the 97 3kgt vr4 calipers.

cheekychimp

Probably not for you guys but the test centres are getting really difficult about passing cars that use caliper brackets. So it was stay stock or get creative!

kama1

Looks same as mine(92 i think)except for the dustshield.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned