The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to Install Cold Air Intake W/ Sensor

tonyp602

Hey guys I need your help as you can see under my name Im a total noob and would like to know what I can replace my stock air box with that is compatible or will replace the sensor connected to the current box
This is what is in my car right now

James

Oh man you need to do some reading. The fact that you don't even know that that "sensor" is... Oy.

belize1334

For now, don't bother. With an intercooled car the cold air intake is not as much of a benefit as with n/a. You're better off spending your time and money on the turbo/fuel/intercooler systems.

manitousxti

Do we have to hate? Let's all help each other out here this is a forum after all. Roger b. Scott thumbs up for trying to help tony out!

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

First, welcome to the forum. Second, you have a LOT to learn. These cars don't react to 'mods' like a Honduh do. Before you start with any performance enhancers, you need to perform ALL maintenance. That means timing belt, any belts or hoses, ALL fluids.

In the mean time, head on to the newbies section and read the stickies, the posts at the top of the forum, that never move down. Once you have read those, check back in and post all the dumb questions you have, just please be respectful of your elders and don't mind the kids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

citymunky

The OP came from Bimmers

Jesus_Negros

Is VFAQ still up!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned