The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Identify this turbo

I'm pretty positive its a 16g based on the staggered larger to smaller fins but the serial number is missing the 2 numbers that specify what 16g it is. I've also read that the mounting flange on a legit EVO III 16g's will be curved around the bolts rather than perfectly straight. Mine is curved. Here is a pic. I can take more if need be.
2012-02-10_15-43-31_145.jpg

mitsuturbo

The compressor wheel, the entire compressor housing, the wastegate actuator, and the turbine housing where it meets the exhaust manifold.

mitsuturbo

If the flange on the turbine housing is not flat on all four sides, then you've probably got the "good" turbine housing, with higher nickel content. Less chance of cracking, but more of a PITA if you bust a bolt off in it or strip threads.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned