The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help Please No Start Electrical Problem

Hi guys, my 92 galant vr4 that i recently purchased has hit a bit of an electrical snag. My car died while pulling out of my neighborhood, completely dead except for the dash light saying my door is open, and the beep from my key being in the ignition with the door open. When i turn the key to the on position, I have nothing, no power windows no cigarette lighter no radio, when i turn my key all the way to the crank position to try and start it absolutely nothing happens, starter doesn't get it's signal, fuel pump doesn't prime, starter solenoid doesn't click. Checked my battery 12.6 volts at the poles and 12.59 down at the terminals in the engine bay(battery is relocated to trunk) and all of my grounds seem to be tight and fine. I've checked every fuse and relay, and have found 1 bad relay, with no resistance through the coil but still continuity, and when i tested with my battery got no clicking of the switch. This relay in question was mounted on the firewall, and i have no idea what it is. It connects right into my main wiring harness. Does anybody have any idea what this relay is, and if it could be casing any of the symptoms mentioned above? I've done some more diagnostics(attempted) and i'm quite stumped, this bad relay is the first progress i've made since my car died yesterday and i've spent a good few hours trying to find the problem already. If anyone needs any other information from me in order to help me figure out what's wrong, feel free to ask.

-Sam

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned