The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline Bushings -vs- JayRacing A.T.E.

mean_green

Well I am back at it again, trying to get my galant together before anymore snow flies in MT and try to dd her thru the winter...

So in order to stop being JSB for another consecutive season Im putting most of the suspension back together and have decided to simplify and delete the 4ws and just go to the 4bolt lsd now instead of later...

With that said is it in my best interest to go to the JayRacing Active Toe Eliminator now or are the Whiteline Bushings I JUST pressed in stiff enough that there wont be that muchg active toe going on? I wanna feel stable commuting on alotta wintery roads both city/hwy and Im not real clear on where the flex point is for the toe flex I guess.

TIA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
-Alan

Also maybe someone could tell me if Im gonna need adjustable rear upper control arms as I plan to go pretty low on some Ksports or are the camber plates enough adjustment??

4thStroke

The Jay Racing kit is a good idea unless you have another method in mind (they exist, but debatable whether or not its the best way), but replacement bushing won't get you as far as you are probably hoping to be.

I have Evo rear KYBs on Evo Robispec springs, it sits perfectly in the back, but the camber is still more than I care for. I don't see much uneven tire wear, but its more camber than I care for and the car is still not dumped.

citymunky

you have for link to said Whiteline bushing?

belize1334

I believe the bushings you are referring to are pressed into the end of the stub shaft but leave the slopping rubber bushing in the trailing arm unaffected. This does not eliminate the active rear toe. The jay-racing kit, on the other hand, eliminates the rubber with a weld-in insert and therefor eliminates the active toe. It's like welding a washer in place but with the benefit that it can twist about the spherical bearing so it won't cause binding as some have reported with the washer method.

I like the idea of the jay-racing kit but I'm concerned about dust and grit getting into the bearing and I'm prohibited by class rules from changing bushings to bearings so I'm continually searching for another elegant solution that just uses bushings. Something that replaces the bushing in the trailing arm so that it is rigid to bending but still allows twisting motion would be ideal. So far no solution has presented itself.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned