The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AC cooling fan

bobdole

Hello Guys,

Took the car out for a spin yesterday. When I was on the intersate the engine temp would raise alittle at 70mph. Then once I slowed down to 10-15mph it would return back to normal temp. So when I got back to the shop I checked everything and noticed the AC fan is pulling air through the radiator. When I am 95% sure it should be pushing air through the radiator. Am I correct here? and if so why is the fan spinning that way? Doesn't make sence to me.

Charles

Barnes

Re-write that by saying "fan flows air from the front of the car to the back of the car" or something like that.

The A/C fan, fan on the driver side of car, on the front of the radiator should push air through the condenser/radiator. I.E. it should move air from the front of the car towards the back.

If on yours it is trying to move air from the BACK of the car to the front, you have the power wires swapped.

bobdole

I can't switch the power wires as this is the factory connector. So it only connects one way. The fan is spinning counterclockwise. Wondering if a relay is bad or something else.

bobdole

Problem is fixed.

Thanks
Charles

bobdole

Not sure yet it is my brother working on it right now. Just texted me saying he fixed it.

napajs13

Did you ever find out what caused this, because my AC fan is doing the same thing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts