The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

why no boosting over 22psi

Yao

K, found what why it wouldn't boost past 22psi and dropped boost to 14psi at 6k.

What could cause this?? my manifold is whitish looking too, here are the pictures, is my tune off??? running too lean?

Noobsauce

Looks normal to me. You have a Wideband to log your afr? I would have pressure tested and smoke tested before tearing everything appart

Yao

Yeah, I am using Wide band to tune. If you look at the 2nd picture closely, you can see the chewed up/chipped turbine wheel.

ade

its on his sig, 18g

Wizardawd

From what I can tell from the pics, the turbo and color is fine.

It's the exhaust manifold leak that's probably killing ya. You can see the leakage from the flange pic on the #4 cylinder exhaust port. And then look at the turbo pic where you can see a crap load of black soot all over your water pipe and the engine side of the compressor housing.

Wiz

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

That turbine wheel looks like it's shot. That sucks, man.

Also, your manifold could use a bit of port work. Taking that step out will probably help a bit. Your oil line needs to be replaced. It looks like it's falling apart. I guess when you replace the turbo you can fix that as well.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts