The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

V3 no start.

transparentdsm

I have dsmlink v3 on sd with a big 16g and evo8 injectors. I have done all the compensations for the sd and for my wb and my injectors. I followed the proper steps to make it run, but it won't. I can't get my car to turn on. It starts and then turns its self right off. I'm going crazy. I know my timing is good and that the car does run because i can use the 2g maf i have and everything is dead on and it sounds great. Then i turn it to sd and it wont stay on unless i peg the throttle and when i do that it spits at like 2400 rpms. Any help would be great. I really don't want to have to trailer it to a tuner and pay them to do it.

transparentdsm

yeah i double checked everything. thats why im going crazy... but i dont know this ecmlink thing well enough. so maybe i dont have everything set up properly. click here (and then click the download now button. it wont download just open another page)to look at the ecmlink setup i used to get my car started... maybe its old and there are things that have changed since this.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

when i got the car there was a 2g maf harness pigtailed in. i rewired it back to the 1g maf harness and when they spliced the wires they had the baro switch wire crossed with the other green and yellow wire. i had the car running with a 2g maf and a cel came on and it said baro switch malfunction, so i switched them around, thinking that could be the only thing wrong with it and low and behold vrooom the car started right up and ran perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned