The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Custom SS braided lines to order

Hey guys,

Well i had problems with the brakes on the car and there's a blockage somewhere.

I just decided to get rid of the ABS crap, old lines and replace new ones.

The problem is, there's a replacement for the front hard lines, but none on the back.

Is there a place where i can order SS braided lines to my specifications?

I found one here:

click

But i believe 5.5 ft is too short for a Galant. Anyone know of a place to order custom fitted ones?

Barnes

Which lines are you looking to replace? The lines that run from the stock hard lines to the brake calipers? (2 pieces per corner) Or are you looking to replace the hard lines up front if you remove your ABS?

JNZ Tuning SS brake lines

ade

i looked into and ordered these. eliminating the double lines on all four corners work on my particular build.

four of each

click

click

click

155.00 shipped before discount.

JNR

A reputable hydraulic hose shop can make you anything you want.

EMX5636

+1 for what JNR said. I have a local place to me that will make any length you want, with almost any end you need. They have done off-road trucks for me, my quad, streetbike, etc. They will be making my Galant's as well with just 4 hoses instead of 8. They have all the pretty colors too.

JNR

Yeah and I bet for a lot less than a "name brand" assembly too, huh?

Only drawback is if you have inspections, I am not sure how they feel about a brake part that is not DOT (or whatever it's called in canada) approved, regardless if it meets/exceeds requirements. Don't know how intense they get on checking out the parts, but don't recall seeing any tags/stickers, etc. on my SS lines, either to that effect, so maybe a null point.

ade

i agree and tried mine and other reputable shops, problem is i don't see y i have to pay so much 200+ to have em built. i've put together and installed a few ss brake lines for various bikes working as a tech at a few bike shops. at shop cost the parts are cheap and labor, kids play. about 50 for front and rears. but the client cost, 150+ is ridiculous imo. whatever, it puts my kids through college.

if i had more time on my hands i would reconnect with old distributors and source em cheaper, alas i have no such luck. if im gonna throw my hard earned cash into this build i want it done my way and i don't care if that sounds childish, or do i. im happy with the above, they do the job and that's what counts.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Quoting JNR:
Yeah and I bet for a lot less than a "name brand" assembly too, huh?

Only drawback is if you have inspections, I am not sure how they feel about a brake part that is not DOT (or whatever it's called in canada) approved, regardless if it meets/exceeds requirements. Don't know how intense they get on checking out the parts, but don't recall seeing any tags/stickers, etc. on my SS lines, either to that effect, so maybe a null point.

This place I use has DOT approved fittings and hose. It's stamped/printed on them.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Many of the SS braided brake lines are DOT approved nowadays. They have to have the strain relief on the ends.

I was trying to get rid of the hardlines from the prop valve to the back line. But i just decided to just put new hardlines instead.

The more i thought about it, even a SS braided line still flex under pressure. I'd rather minimize the flexing and the SS lines used anyhow.

But thank for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That is the smart choice.

ade

Quoting Prolab:
I was trying to get rid of the hardlines from the prop valve to the back line. But i just decided to just put new hardlines instead.

The more i thought about it, even a SS braided line still flex under pressure. I'd rather minimize the flexing and the SS lines used anyhow.

But thank for the help.

wait what?!? i assumed, after reading your first post, u were talking about replacing the soft lines. im an ass.

yes, definitely go with hard lines. i just replaced the lines going to all four corners on mine and it wasn't as tasking as some might think. and cheap too, 90 bucks for two rolls of lines, 10 fittings & a bubble flare kit.

JNR

Same here, as I was thinking we were talking about the SS flex lines, but either a custom length or an alternative to overpriced 'name brands'...So yeah, i'd agree to get as much hardline as possible and of course putting SS lines on the shorter flex parts is a good idea vs. rubber, although the only bad thing is brake lines eat themselves from the inside out, so at least with rubber once you see cracking, you know it's time to get new ones; where as SS you can't tell, although the inner lining they use is pretty durable and unless it's a defective piece (happens), cahnces are you'll be fine for years on end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned