The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turn signals don't work, hazards do

veganbutcher

I had this in the newbies forum but moved it over here since I didn't get too many responses.

My turn signals aren't working after the negative battery terminal came loose and had to be re-attached. Everything else is working fine now even my hazard lights but the turn signals don't turn on.

I tried replacing the turn signal relay flasher but that did not help.

JNR

Did you go outside the vehicle to verify all the lamps are illuminated when you put the hazards on? What happens when you do the signal(s), as far as the dash...do the lights blink, or do you hear the flasher? If not, sounds like the whol circuit may be dead and may want to verify fuses are good...If it shows on dash but not on one of the lamps outside, could just be a bulb, but typically it would speed up on the direction it's out on, yet the hazards will work fine.

raptorWagon

Check the turn signal and hazard fuses in the engine bay for starters, sounds similar to what I had happen on my car.

misterfixit

Hazard switch is on the fritz. Should be bypassing to the column when the hazards are off.

Try swapping it out then go from there.

Rich

Wizardawd

You should be able to test the hazard switch theory by turning on your turn signal with the ignition on and jiggling the hazard switch. If they start to work, you found your problem.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned