The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

whining

gotbl4d3

I got this whinning sound coming from the timing side of my car i have all new belts and i know its not my timing belt could having belts be to tight cause them to whine.

Terry Posten

Could be the steering pump low on fluid, water pump failing, alt bearing giving out, steering pump bearing failing, defective timing bearing, belt noise, or a few other things.

Devide and conquer.

Pull the belts off the AC, alt and steering pump and start the motor and see if the noise is still present.

Hopefully the noise goes away, if it does, put one belt on at a time and start the motor and you will find it eventually.

gotbl4d3

Alright aounds good its not my timing belt just replaced it and all the pullys not my altermator just put a brand new one one on. Not my ac cuz i do not have it hooked up. Not my water cuz i changed that when i did my timing belt. So the only thing it could really be is my power steering. Or my that my belts are too tight

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It could be the timing belt if you tensioned it too much.

gotbl4d3

I am prerty sure i didnt the gapping and everything is in spec but i do have a new tensioner i was wondering if that could be it. Its not an obnoxious loud but loud enough to annoy you. I aint to worried about it just annoyed.

Wizardawd

I'm betting his cover is rubbing if he narrowed it down to the timing belt. Not uncommon, especially if you lost a dust seal when you removed the cover.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts