The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No room for radiator

Hey i have a vrsf 1g fmic fabbed for my car and im also running a bw s259 but i have no room whatso ever.has anyone else ran into this problem ever. What can i do whata been done. I really woul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifd like to keep this radiator. Its a 1g mishimoto

mitsuturbo

Here are some things you can do. (this is a fairly common problem, actually)

Clock the compressor housing differently
run a different turbo
move the radiator forward
sell the radiator to a 1g owner and figure out a different cooling solution
get a different exhaust manifold which puts your turbo in a different spot

In other words.. make room, one way or another. There's no universal or easy answer to your problem.

curtis

I had to pull all the ac on mine and I had a s362 on a 2nd gen manifold. I used a scirocco radiator with passat fans and had it pushed forward where the ac condenser lived, clocked the turbo outlet down then fabbed IC pipes from there. Alot of people have used alot bigger turbo than yours and made it fit just have to do some adjusting of things. I've even thought about using large water to air heat exchangers as a radiator. Just have to look around on ebay for them. Cobra's and Lightnings have some big ones.

EMX5636

Most of the fitments are manifold related. I was able to angle my A/C condenser forward about an inch, and run a 1g rad in the stock lower holes, but tucked under the rad support. There is still about .25-.5" between them at the top. I had plenty of clearance with a BW S262 on it with both a bottom mount Pacesetter and FP manifold. I went to top mount, which will easily fit a S300 series, but it was custom built by JMF for my setup with dual fans and A/C. I know some of the T3 manifolds (esp the ERL and SFP) push it out away from the block for waterpipe clearance. That makes it tough for Galant/2G DSM guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned