The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help!? new vr4 owner...

i had recently bought a vr4 galant it had some issues not hitting boost what not. That problem was fixed (it was just a finger sizes hole in the charge piping) anyway. now under wot car bogs down a bit but when i slowly let out of it she starts taking off. I'm going to do another boost leak test and also look into the fuel pressure regulator and also inspect the turbo shaft to see if its any good as well as a compression test cause it did today after coming home from a 30 min cruise letting it sit for 10 min. started back up and it puffed white smoke(minimum). any advise on why it would bog like that. common sense would tell me its running rich and has to much fuel... yes? no?

thanks in advance,
dakota

LIV4PSI

A proper boost leak test is always the way to go. You can't do much else until you get that taken care of. Check out vfaq.com, there should be instructions with pictures.

Last edited:
kinda having the same driveability issue and the conclusion ive come to with mine is the bogging is the ecu pulling timeing due to knock, im still runnin the oe intercooler everyone i described my issue to has told me thats my problem, i'm ordering up the ETS kit tomorrow so hopefully early next week i can tell u if it works, also just bought a FPR cause i can smell how rich it is running, altho that could be partly due to running with no timeing advance at times when the ecu decides it wants to pull timeing. how is your gas mileage? mine is crap altho i cant seem to keep my foot out of it.

gvr4ever

Lifter tick in these cars often sets off the knock sensor too. Changing out the lifters (if they tick) and replacing a worn out knock sensor can help with that WOT lag. As long as you aren't over boosting and getting real knock.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned