The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmission & Shifter Pieces.

transparentdsm

Ok so here is a picture of the plastic peices im looking for. these are the last things i think i need to finish up my car. can anyone please tell me what they are called or even better yet there part numbers so i can get them.
this is the transmission plastic peice im in need of.

part number MD712919

this is the shifter plastic piece im in need of.

part number MB580253

i also found out that you can take your whole shifter apart and take a 2 liter bottle of soda cut thin strips of it and wrap them around till it tightens up the shifter to your liking. make sure to grease all moving parts good. im thinking about doing this mod today and may do a write up on it.

Last edited:

dmj

JNZ has what you need . order the shifter rebuild kit. The piece for the trans shifter you can get in the junkyard from any 89 and later manual trans dsm.

transparentdsm

i want them both to be brand new, i have an old one i took it out because it felt all washy and i would rather pay the money and have all brand new. if someone has the part numbers, i own a shop and get good deals from dealers and the local autoparts store.

ok found the part number i think. MD712919 its called the plastic shift pad apparently. and MB580253 gear shift bushing

Last edited:

desant78

Also call up jnz tuning if you have any questions they are super nice and are pretty knowledgable.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned