The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo keeps losing seals

asmo

I rebuilt the turbo when I did the motor used that trader guy kit, the turbo went about 600 miles when the seals blew out, the bearing had basically welded to the shaft. Next I got a good used 14b and had it professionally rebuilt, by local guy that builds lots of turbos. it has lasted about 1000 miles and the seals are toast again, called the professional he said must be a oil pressure problem too much or too little and deny's any fault.
checked my pressure at the filter housing it was 70-80 psi at start-up then went slowly went down to 25-30 at idle after 8 to 10 min. rises about 10 psi per 1000 rpm at high rpm maxed out around 80-90psi. as far as I can tell the presures are good.
the motor is stock with .20 over pistons has balance shafts, turbo is feed off the stock head port.
so far only ran 10-12 boost
What should I check next?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

asmo

The first time I changed the turbo I blew though it, seemed ok. its the original metal one so can't really stick anyting in it to clean it out.
Im gonna pull it all off tommarow and check that and the return tube for blockage.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned