The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

switch "Power / Eco" (vehicles with automatic transmission)

zzrblacklady

Hi all,
times a technical question about the switch "Power / Eco" in vehicles with automatic transmission 2.0-liter E33A nT.

My last Galant E33A was originally an automatic with switch "power / eco" on the center tunnel, which at the press of the switch settings of the automatic transmission and the ECU changed. It was one of the few fully equipped, air conditioning, ABS, automatic transmission, heated seats, steering off, towbar, cruise control, fog lights, etc (JMBLREAKZ500824). After conversion to manual transmission (from E33 GTI) of the Galant could be fully extended (6500U/min 225km / h no loss of power on inclines).

In Power mode, the switching time of the automatic change (speed levels were higher spins, speed up 6500U/min, automatic converter startup 10%high, kickdown was carried out quickly, changed ignition timing and injection volume (change in the EPROM mode?)).
During the emissions test, the vehicle should be switched to Eco-Mode (bad values).
In eco mode the automatic switched earlier and turned up 5500u/min up, and was saving fuel.
Control unit with EPROM (MD173635, E2T36279, E443)
I can not tell me that with the switching times and RPM!

Now to the question:
Can i install the switch too the E39a to access the EPROM of the ECU (harness from the E33 does not exist).
For suggestions, tips and brainstorming, I would be grateful,
Greetings from the Black Forest ZZR-Black Lady

fuel

So are you saying you have an automatic E39A that doesn't have the power/eco mode switch?

Kitti

Thailand most E33 too. and almost use parts we are from japan are E39 too. all fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

misterfixit

Both manual and Auto E33A use the same ecu for the engine configuration, weather it be: sohc dohc carb/mpi etc..

The Power/Eco switch goes straight to the TCU where it selects between shift patterns. The only wired connection between the TCU and ECU is the shared speed pulse and throttle position sense read off.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned