The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump issues

LordAthey

So I've had this issue where the fuel pump wont shut off it just keeps running. You can hear it running into the return line like its recycling it. I've changed the injectors to known good ones. I've changed the fpr to 2 known good ones and replaced the fuel pump to a walbero 255. Any ideas why it won't shut off is there a relay that im missing. The pressure is around 50 is I remember from the test. Just not sure what else could be going on.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Is the pump re-wired?

Check for this at the pump housing under the trunk carpet.

Follow the wires from the pump housing and take a pic of what you find, especially the relay configuration diagram (usually printed on the side of quality relays)

boostx

It sounds like you have suck relay.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Boostx:
It sounds like you have suck relay.

That's funny right there.

cheekychimp

Quoting LordAthey:
Is the relay in the front fuse box that is in the engine compartment.

Not necessarily!

If your pump has been rewired as suggested the relay is very likely in the trunk with the wiring. Take a look back there as Toybreaker suggested and post up the photos he asked for. If it is wired incorrectly and you post up clear photos he will very quickly be able to tell you if something is obviously wrong.

LordAthey

Ok the fuel pump is not rewired and the relay is under the glove compartment. Is it the MPI relay or fuel pump relay just want to get another one and see if the relay is the issue.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned